Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Anonymous Reviewer: My Sister, The Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite

I have been seeing this book EVERYWHERE, and was so excited to read it! However, for me it just did not live up to the hype.

My biggest problem was that I couldn't sympathize with any of the characters. Korende felt less like a good sister and more like an enabler, and I'm not sure what we're supposed to think about Ayoola. Is she mentally ill, or just selfish? Throughout the book I was frustrated with them more often than not.

Lastly, I was disappointed by the ending. I'm not a person who needs a happy ending, but an actual resolution would have been nice. It ended up feeling like Korende just gave in and decided to accept more of the same, which is not what I wanted for either of them.

All in all, I think this was an interesting concept, but due to these deficiencies, I can only give this book 2/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment