Monday, February 11, 2019

Anonymous Reviewer: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values by Robert M. Pirsig

Consistently ranked on TOP TEN BOOKS YOU WILL NEVER FINISH or worse TOP TEN BOOKS JERKS HAVE THEIR SHELVES this book is not going to sit on my shelf for long. Not that I think that highly of myself, I want to make room for stuff I'd rather have within ten feet of me.  This AR is going to use their copy as a pass around gift at the next executive Christmas party for the Board of Exxon. Full of deep meditations of life, from the stand point of a dude with waaay too much time on his hands, this book is not at all really about motorcycles or motorcycle maintenance. Don't get your hopes up if you are looking for the long lost squeal to  Hunter S. Thompson's HELL'S ANGELS...keep looking. This one flew mostly over my head, which isn't why I am so down on it. Think of a really complicated theory or idea that you know. Now, try to explain that theory to a person who knows nothing about it, and doesn't speak English. That's about what this book is. Just too much for one brain to understand. Maybe you'll like it better, and understand every word. "At least I finished it" is all I can really say.

No comments:

Post a Comment